25 Jan Choosing Healthy Snacks
It is possible to get your children to eat healthy and enjoy it. You might think that it is difficult to get them to eat healthy, but it’s important to look at what you eat. If you want for your kids to eat healthy, then you have to eat healthy yourself. Kids mimic what we do, and if you are enjoying a big salad or fruit, and your children see that, then they will want to eat it too. Choosing healthy snacks is a lot easier then you think.
Here are some healthy snacks that you can give your kids starting now, and enjoy for yourself:
1. Fruit – Who doesn’t love sweet, rip fruit? It is so much healthier for us then refined sugary snacks, and it keeps us healthy. Keep fruit in your home, so that it is easier to always have on hand when your children ask for a snack.
2. Peanut butter and celery logs – Peanut butter on celery with some raisins is a great healthy snack for kids, and most of them love it. If they have a peanut allergy, then try almond butter or any other nut butter. Most health food stores all carry different nut butters now. If your kids have a nut allergy, then you can try sunflower butter, which tastes delicious and is nut free.
3. Homemade apple sauce – Throw some diced apples into a blender with some vanilla and cinnamon, and you will have a quick and tasty treat that doesn’t have any added sugars or preservatives.
4. Carrot sticks with hummus – You might be surprised how much kids love hummus. It is really good, and again, if you like it then it is easier to get them to try it. Hummus is high in protein and carrots have lots of vitamin A.
5. Guacamole and baked tortilla chips – Homemade guacamole is full of vitamins and healthy fats. You can make it sweet or spicy, and the baked tortilla chips are much healthier then fried chips.
Try these snacks, and see how much better everyone in your family will feel.